An Africa Business Community
UT Bank has been adjudged the 2011 Bank of the Year at a ceremony held Saturday night at the Accra International Conference Centre.
The bank won two other awards: Best bank – IT/Electronic banking and Best Bank – Financial Performance – out of the 18 categories that were up for grabs. Unibank snatched the highest of all the 25 banks going home with four awards.
Unibank won the Best Bank – Corporate Banking, Best Bank Customer Care, Best Bank – Trade Finance and Best Bank – Advisory Services. Prudential Bank grabbed two laurels as the Best Bank – Long Term Loan Financing and Best Bank – Medium Term Loan Financing whiles Ecobank and Zenith Bank took the Best Bank in Competitive Pricing and Best Bank – Most Socially Responsible Bank respectively.
The Ghana Banking Awards is a vehicle to showcase and applaud best performing banks in various categories of the Ghanaian financial services market.
Below are the categories and corresponding winners:
1. Bank of the Year >> UT Bank
2. Best Bank - Corporate Banking >> Unibank
3. Best Bank - Retail Banking >> CAL Bank
4. Best bank – IT/Electronic banking >> UT bank
5. Best growing bank >> Fidelity Bank
6. Best bank customer care >> Unibank
7. Best Bank - Product Innovation >> No winner.
8. Best Bank - Most Socially Responsible Bank >> Zenith Bank
9. Best Bank – Competitive pricing >> Ecobank
10. Best Bank - Financial Performance >> UT Bank
11. Best bank – Trade Finance >> Unibank
12. Best bank – Advisory services >> Unibank
13. Best bank – Short term loan financing >> UBA
14. Best Bank - Long Term Loan Financing >> Prudential Bank
15. Best bank – Medium term loan financing >> Prudential Bank
16. Best Bank - Export Finance >> no winner
17. Best Bank - Agriculture Financing >> No winner
18. Special Award - Best Bank, Mobile Banking >> No winner